WOW! Can you believe that it’s been 8 years since this group started?! We are so blessed for all that we have been through together. 8 years ago today, we were a brand new Facebook group with just a few members. Our Mission was to help women in youth ministry connect together.
- Our group has just under 3500 members spanning 46 different countries
- We’ve branched out from our Facebook Group and now have an Instagram, Facebook Page, Twitter, AND TikTok!
- We have a website and a blog with a bunch of great posts by our group members, women who are actively doing youth ministry!
- We have a podcast that just wrapped up its 4th season- a total of 48 episodes!
- We have a book club that has studied 11 books together in 2 years!
- We’ve hosted many “check-ins” and support groups throughout Covid!
- We’ve had several merch runs for t-shirts, sweatshirts, and stickers!
- We hosted our first Conference and had 130+ women in youth ministry join us in the best party ever!
- We’ve shared countless resources, prayers, tips, laughs, tears, and more!
We asked some of our members to share what how this group has been most impactful in their lives and here are some of the responses:
“This group was monumental in empowering me in ministry and has given me so much support. I needed this group. It was an answer to prayer. I was so lonely in ministry and God really placed WYM in my life to help. I feel like we can talk about everything down to what bra is best, hair and makeup help, and when Old Navy is having legging sales. Many of you are my dearest friends and who I turn to for advice and help. I love y’all and thanks for all you do to empower not just me, but countless others in our group.” -Jennifer Weaver
“This group has encouraged me greatly from not giving up on ministry, and has been an incredible space to collaborate and learn from other incredible women, when just 6 to 7 years ago I knew no other women in youth ministry, but knew this was the path God was leading me down. To say that I’m grateful is an understatement.”Bri Law
“No one group of people has impacted who I am and how I minister more than these women. They are strength and wisdom and beauty and light and the personification of the Body of Christ. I am so thankful to learn from them, to grow with them, and to be a part of shaping and encouraging women in youth ministry for years to come.”Loni Fancher
“I have grown so much because of all you lovely women. I am STILL growing and learning and y’all have met me with so much grace and love in the process. The book club is consistently one of the highlights of my week. The love, support, growth, friendship I have received through the book club is immeasurable. Also, I had so much FUN at the conference and I can’t wait to come back next year!” -Kathryn Rauhauser
So what’s next?
The short answer is we don’t know. We never would have guessed 8 years ago that we’d end up here. We can only begin to wonder what the next 8 years will hold for us.
Now that we’ve grown, our mission is to not only connect women together but to champion the voices of women any way we can, which is the mission behind our podcast, blog, sticker store, & conference.
We’ve just created a Patreon page as a way to support the various creators who contribute to our community. We’d appreciate it if you would consider becoming a patron so that we can pay our creators for the time they give.
If you’d like to partner with us you can find our Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/womeninym
We wouldn’t have gotten this far without our amazing community and the people, women and men, who have empowered, uplifted, and supported us over these last 8 years. Thank you.